Friday, December 6, 2013

The Crazy Ones 1x09: 16 Inch Softball


What I Liked
-Andrew had to tell his girlfriend the truth, even though it was a lie. That's the best way to do it.
-Flizz.
Andrew's right, it's time for Rice Krispies to get a new mascot. Maybe tone down the outfit a bit first, though.
-Lauren's baseball outfit.
Time for a remake of A League of Their Own.

What I Hated
-Weird softball training semi-montage thing. Nothing about it was good.

Final Thoughts
Their first recurring villain (such as he is) has finally recurred, and it's TV's Brad Garrett.
Behold, the face of evil.
The cavalier attitude with which they approached the loss of someone's livelihood was a little distressing. I realize that it's just a TV show, but it sort of makes me wonder if the writers are living in that show business bubble where they don't understand how bad the economy is. Sure, it's fun to play softball and to joust on pocket motorcycles, but afterwards, someone's getting fired.
Sydney's just as appalled about it as I am.
This episode wasn't as funny as the previous one. I suppose there's not that much comedy left to be mined from softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment